We use state-of-the-art and state-of-the-industry commercial, government, and proprietary codes according to the requirements of each project. Cobalt60, an unstructured Navier-Stokes code, and Fluent™, a commercial code, represent two CFD software packages used on the system.
The computational facilities include a dedicated computer room with power and cooling to support a vast array of processing capability (Figures 14 & 15).
Computational facilities include:
1. A 300 core heterogeneous 32-bit and 64-bit Beowulf cluster, ~1 GB RAM/core
2. A 78 CPU symmetric multi-processing system (SGI Altix B4700), 148TB storage, 768GB RAM
3. Common storage of approximately 24TB
4. Direct attachment and access between gateway systems and Defense Research and Engineering Network (DREN) OC-12 network
5. Access and governance policies appropriate for a university-based research institution, incorporating best practices in management from DOD High Performance Computing (HPC) laboratories
6. Entree and convenient access to DOD-managed HPC systems, all of which are in the top 25 supercomputers worldwide
7. Pre and post processing workstations with direct data access to the systems listed above